Stuff you want to know:
Orientation: Homosexual, sapiosexual, monogamous, lady-loving-lady, super lesbian, some would say soft butch.
Body Type: A little extra around the edges, but active.
Diet: Omnivore, but I enjoy a good vegan or gluten-free meal.
Drugs: No. Have you seen "Locked Up Abroad"?!
Smokes: Not really. Maybe a cigar once in a blue moon.
Drinks: Socially. I like whiskey, cider, red wine and non-hoppy beer.
Religion: Roman Catholic. And yeah, I like Jesus (though I drink a little)
Sign: Pisces (I was told this is important with lesbians)
Job: Technology / Internet Startup (kinda)
Offspring: None. Open to the possibility of procreation, though at my age, I would not be the bearer of a tiny human.
Speaks: English (Fluently), Spanish (enough to get me in trouble) and I know how to say "please" and "thank you" in probably ten other languages.
Other things you want to know:
- Travel (I love it so much!)
- Humanitarian work
- Social justice (women's rights, LGBT rights, and racial justice)
- Making a difference in the world
- Solving problems using computers
- Ice cream
- Photography (concert and travel mostly)
- Hiking & Backpacking in the wilderness
- Being vulnerable & combatting shame
- Living an authentic & honest life
- Radical candor & resiliency
- Being a better version of myself daily
- Live music, mostly singer-songwriters
- Brandi Carlile (68 concerts and counting)
- Good food
- Delicious coffee
- My friends are kind, compassionate and making a difference
What I am doing with my life
I have spent a considerable amount of time over the past few years working on me and becoming the best version of myself. I am ready to be in a relationship with an equally amazing woman who has done the work and has their sh** together.
I currently work for a tech company in Portland, OR. Previously, I spent 14 years working as an Emergency Department Technician and a Medical Assistant. I realized working in healthcare was destroying my soul, so I took a risk and left my comfort zone to work in tech. I do not regret it for a moment.
In my free time, I enjoy traveling, hiking and backpacking. I have walked the Camino de Santiago twice (Camino Frances and Camino Portuguese). I rode a 1980 P200 Vespa motorscooter across the United States once. I have a love affair with Nepal. I love to dogsit and have a lot of photos of other people's pups.
Locally, in Portland, I enjoy exploring coffee shops, food carts, seeing live music, and hanging out with friends.
I am willing to relocate for the right person. Or, if you want to join me in Portland (or the PNW really), that's cool too. Right now, I am interested in getting to know someone and if that's intially via a long distance relationship, that's okay!
My ultimate dream is to live overseas.
What I am looking for in a woman
Well, this is certainly a loaded question. Here are a few things I am looking for. This list is a starting point. And somewhat generalized.
- Be kind
- Be passionate about what you are doing with your life
- Be emotionally intelligent
- Sense of humor is absolutely necessary
- Enjoy a good adventure
- Good communicator
- Live a life with integrity, honor and dignity
- Have a passport with Global Entry (a girl can dream!)
- Being religious is not required, but I'd love to have someone to chat about theology and stuff
- Identify as lesbian or bisexual
- Have your sh** together. Gainfully employed, emotionally available, ready to be in a relationship
- Prefer women over the age of 35 and under 50, I am not able to be anyone's sugar mama!
Testimonials (from people who know and love me)
Intrigued? Interested in learning more? Hit me up via this contact form and let's see what happens!
Where You Can Find Me
I have some trips planned in the coming months. If you live in one of these places, maybe we can grab coffee or a drink.
Lesbians Who Tech Summit
September 7-9, 2017
New York, NY
I am going to be in NYC for a hot minute to attend the Lesbians Who Tech (and allies) Summit. You can find out more details below.
The Reformation Project Conference
October 26-28, 2017
(update 7/30/2017) I bought my conference tickets. I will be attending the conference and the racial justice workshop. I will have time to meet for dinner or maybe coffee. Girl and the Goat anyone?